andyluttrull

Turn The Page

Sharing my love of books as long as I can...

The Hunt for Voldorius
Andy Hoare
Shadows of Treachery[WARHAMMER HORUS HERESY SHADOWS][Mass Market Paperback]
ChristianDunn
Progress: 270/409 pages
Knife of Dreams (Wheel of Time, #11)
Robert Jordan
Progress: 500/761 pages

Book #837 - 337,467 Pages Read

Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Outcast (Book 1) - Aaron Allston

I've been trying to get back into my Star Wars reading for some time now. This appears to have been a good place to pick things back up, a well-written tale in the classic Star Wars sense. The main plot centers around Luke's arrest for negligence in Jacen Solo's turn to the dark side. Luke then negotiates a self-imposed exile while secretly traveling to other worlds to investigate what caused Jacen to go bad. Other side tales, but somewhat loosely related, follow Han and Leia on a journey to Kessel to help Lando investigate the cause of earthquakes there. Jaina sets out to capture another Jedi who has fallen to an affliction that makes everyone appear "switched" with an imposter who looks like them (Body Snatchers reference?). Jaina and the Jedi wonder if examining this person will reveal clues about Jacen as well.

The book flows really well, bringing a sense of urgency along side already famous characters. This is the first of the Fate Of The Jedi series, so I am looking forward to moving on to other books in this series.