andyluttrull

Turn The Page

Sharing my love of books as long as I can...

Foreign Agent: A Thriller (The Scot Harvath Series)
Brad Thor
Progress: 200/422 pages
Shadows of Treachery[WARHAMMER HORUS HERESY SHADOWS][Mass Market Paperback]
ChristianDunn
Progress: 270/409 pages
Knife of Dreams (Wheel of Time, #11)
Robert Jordan
Progress: 500/761 pages
Vanished: The Sixty-Year Search for the Missing Men of World War II - Wil S. Hylton

This was an amazing, gripping, and at times suspenseful read that documents one man's sudden overwhelming desire to find out what happened to three B-24 Liberators shot down near Palau in the Pacific theater of World War II. Hylton does a great job of describing Pat Scannon's current-day journey of research, travel, interviews, heartaches, and elation in discovering the mystery of what happened to those lost B-24's, and shows a masterful job of interweaving that with the very personal back story of the men on those ill-fated flights. I literally had goosebumps at times while reading this. The book also does a good job at conveying just how many of our servicemen are unaccounted for in the Pacific theater, and the incredibly long odds people like Scannon and his Bent-Prop Project face in shedding light on the mysteries surrounding them. I recommend this book for anyone, especially the patriotic and those with interests in aviation and World War II.