andyluttrull

Turn The Page

Sharing my love of books as long as I can...

The Hunt for Voldorius
Andy Hoare
Shadows of Treachery[WARHAMMER HORUS HERESY SHADOWS][Mass Market Paperback]
ChristianDunn
Progress: 270/409 pages
Knife of Dreams (Wheel of Time, #11)
Robert Jordan
Progress: 500/761 pages
Persecuted: I Will Not Be Silent - Robin Parrish, Daniel Lusko

This was a fast read...a quick-hitting thriller that really makes a statement about the continuing suppression of Christianity in this country and how the government is slowly usurping the Constitution to infringe on the religious freedoms of people. John Luther finds himself in the middle of this issue, as his fight for religious freedom and the expression of his beliefs in God and Jesus are ripped from him and he is framed for a crime he did not commit. With him out of the way, certain politicians in D.C. are free to move ahead on "religious fairness" legislation, a serious blow to American freedoms and ideals. I enjoyed the book, but I had forgotten how brief and chopped a book based on a movie can seem. There are elements in the book that could really have been expounded upon more, as well as important characters that needed more depth and conviction with respect to the overall plot. Still a good read, but I was once again reminded why I try to read the book before I see the movie based on the book.